Arsenal fan banned for head-butting Roy Keane

An Arsenal fan was given a three-year football banning order on Thursday after headbutting former Manchester United
star Roy Keane in a “gratuitous and senseless act of violence”.

Scott Law, 43, was found guilty of common assault after clashing with Keane following Arsenal’s Premier League win
over United at the Emirates Stadium on September 3. Keane and fellow television pundit Micah Richards were walking
to do their post-match analysis when the attack happened, a trial at a London magistrates court heard.

In the incident, former Republic of Ireland midfielder Keane was head-butted by Law and fell through some doors. Keane, 52, told the court: “I was just walking and I was hit. I felt the contact and fell back through some doors.” Law’s defense team said CCTV footage showed Keane elbowing the defendant in the face.

Keane said he suffered bruises on his chest and arms. “I wasn’t expecting it… I was in shock.” According to Law, Keane “picked me out of the Sky Sports studio during the match and told me to see him outside. He was pointing to doors in the box.” Law went into the stadium to go to the bathroom and “collided” with Keane.

Prosecutor Simon Jones KC asked Law: “Are you seriously saying that Roy Keane ran into the top of your head?” Law said: “I put my head down in a defensive manner to protect my face.” Jones said Law’s “ridiculous” defense had “changed dramatically” from a prepared statement he gave to police the day after the incident.

Delivering his verdict, District Judge Angus Hamilton said he believed Law had been “untruthful about what happened” during the match and was “sure Mr Law assaulted Mr Keane.” As well as being barred from attending football matches, Law was ordered to complete 80 hours of unpaid work and must pay legal costs of £650 ($830) plus a victim surcharge of £114.Will he retire? The legendary Pepe might depart Porto

Reading a statement on behalf of Law, his defense lawyer said: “I was found guilty by a judge who excluded me at times from my trial. “I most definitely plan to appeal this conviction.”

ข่าวล่าสุด Last News

Eden-Esports
Eden Esports to debut new broadcasting solutions for female esports event
AC-Milan
Here we go! Milan ready to announce new head coach
Alexis-Sanchez
Alexis Sanchez will leave Inter. Several clubs are vying for the player
Alvaro-Morata
The forward of Atletico Madrid is ready to leave Spain
Lionel Messi
Is the end of the story close? Messi has revealed the club where he will conclude his career
José Mourinho
José Mourinho has named the future Ballon d'Or winner
Joselu
Real Madrid has activated the buyout option for Espanyol's forward
Euro 2024
Euro 2024 kick off today Germany vs Scotland