Floyd Mayweather is a boxing legend and the highest earner in boxing history. He’s involved in some of the highest-grossing fights of all time:
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao: May 2, 2015. This fight generated $600 million in revenue and 4.6 million pay-per-view buys. Mayweather made $240 million and Pacquiao made $125 million.
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor: August 26, 2017. This was Mayweather’s second-highest payday.
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Álvarez: September 22, 2013.
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Oscar De La Hoya: May 20, 2007. This fight had 2.44 million pay-per-view buys
Other high-grossing boxing matches include:
- Evander Holyfield vs Mike Tyson II, 1997
- Mayweather vs Pacquiao, £678m
- Mike Tyson’s £146m bout
The man’s sitting on a fortune – an estimated net worth of £328 million (close to $400 million). Retiring undefeated with 15 major world titles under his belt, Forbes named him the world’s top-paid athlete in 2018, raking in a jaw-dropping £234 million, including endorsements (that’s a cool $286 million). That’s how you make a knockout in and out of the ring!Read More